Swim Call, USS OLYMPIA (SSN 717)
NSL Pacific Southwest Chapter
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) is a professional organization for submariners and submarine advocates.
The Pacific Southwest (PACSW) Chapter is one of the ten regional NSL chapters. It has about 500 members, located in 9 states (Southern CA, Southern NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, and UT).
Luncheon meetings are held monthly, normally at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California, and virtually via Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New items since last update:
(1) Please join us for our January 12th, 2021 meeting/professional forum via Zoom, at which RADM Blake Converse, USN, Commander Submarine Force US Pacific Fleet, will be our distinguished guest speaker. Bio and further details are provided in our January Newsletter.
(2) We thank RADM Tom Ishee, USN, J3 Director, Global Operations, US Strategic Command for being our guest speaker for the chapter’s December 8th meeting/professional forum. The session can be viewed by clicking here.
(3) A great new NSL-provided opportunity … the option to become a mentor or mentee (available to enlisted, officer, active, veteran, retired and civilian members of NSL). Check our Resources page for further details.
(4) Check out our new Chapter Links to Guest Speaker Presentations page, which lists past and upcoming Zoom/video links to our and other chapters’ Guest Speaker presentations.
(5) The Chapter’s Calendar of Events (2020-2021) is now posted here or can be viewed via the Events page.
(6) For the full report of 2019-2020 chapter activities, including newsletters and photos, click here.
(7) A list of Guest Speakers (2015-2020), with links to bios and luncheon photos, has been added here.