Swim Call, USS OLYMPIA (SSN 717)
NSL Pacific Southwest Chapter
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) is a professional organization for submariners and submarine advocates.
The Pacific Southwest (PACSW) Chapter is one of the ten regional NSL chapters. It has about 500 members, located in 9 states (Southern CA, Southern NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, and UT).
Luncheon meetings are held monthly at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California.
New items since last update:
(1) We are delighted to announce the distinguished guest speaker for our November 10th virtual meeting and professional forum will be VADM Daryl Caudle, USN, Commander Submarine Forces. Please click here for further details in our chapter’s November Newsletter.
(2) Our thanks go to VADM Fritz Roegge, USN, President of National Defense University (NDU) and former Commander, Submarine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet (COMSUBPAC), for briefing us on NDU and its impressive positive effect on multinational leadership nodes during the chapter’s October 13th virtual meeting and professional forum. It was great to see members from afar and from other chapters join us for the brief! Click here (using passcode 3X?P6NM*) for viewing the Zoom video of the chapter’s meeting and professional forum, or here for a copy of his brief.
(3) A great new NSL-provided opportunity … the option to become a mentor or mentee (available to enlisted, officer, active, veteran, retired and civilian members of NSL). Check our Resources page for further details.
(4) Check out our new Chapter Links to Guest Speaker Presentations page, which lists past and upcoming Zoom/video links to our and other chapters’ Guest Speaker presentations.
(5) Click here for our October Newsletter, which includes a historical compendium of US Navy submarine classes.
(6) Next year’s Calendar of Events (2020-2021) is now posted here or can be viewed via the Events page.
(7) For the full report of 2019-2020 chapter activities, including newsletters and photos, click here.
(8) A list of Guest Speakers (2015-2020), with links to bios and luncheon photos, has been added here.