Swim Call, USS OLYMPIA (SSN 717)
NSL Pacific Southwest Chapter
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) is a professional organization for submariners and submarine advocates.
The Pacific Southwest (PACSW) Chapter is one of the ten regional NSL chapters. It has about 500 members, located in 9 states (Southern CA, Southern NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, and UT).
Luncheon meetings are held monthly, normally at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California, and virtually via Zoom during the COVID-19 pandemic.
New items since last update:
(1) We are honored to have RADM Tom Ishee, USN, STRATCOM J3, as our distinguished guest speaker via Zoom on Tuesday, December 8th, at 11:45 AM. Please see our December newsletter (click here) for more information, including his bio and pictures.
(2) Thank you to those who helped the Submarine Spouse Community raise money this year for the Dolphin Scholarship Fund through buying T-shirts and tote bags!
(3) We thank Rear Admiral Edward L. Anderson, USN, Commander, Undersea Warfare for briefing us on the status of submarine and undersea vehicle RDT&E as our guest speaker at very short notice for the November 10th virtual meeting and professional forum. Click here for his bio and our updated November Newsletter.
(4) A great new NSL-provided opportunity … the option to become a mentor or mentee (available to enlisted, officer, active, veteran, retired and civilian members of NSL). Check our Resources page for further details.
(5) Check out our new Chapter Links to Guest Speaker Presentations page, which lists past and upcoming Zoom/video links to our and other chapters’ Guest Speaker presentations.
(6) Click here for our October Newsletter, which includes a historical compendium of US Navy submarine classes.
(7) Next year’s Calendar of Events (2020-2021) is now posted here or can be viewed via the Events page.
(8) For the full report of 2019-2020 chapter activities, including newsletters and photos, click here.
(9) A list of Guest Speakers (2015-2020), with links to bios and luncheon photos, has been added here.