Swim Call, USS OLYMPIA (SSN 717)
NSL Pacific Southwest Chapter
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) is a professional organization for submariners and submarine advocates.
The Pacific Southwest (PACSW) Chapter is one of the ten regional NSL chapters. It has about 500 members, located in 9 states (Southern CA, Southern NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, and UT).
Luncheon meetings are held monthly at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California.
New items since last update:
(1) June Newsletter update: Our next luncheon guest speaker Tuesday, June 11th will be CDR Ray Ferbrache, USN (Ret), on the subject “China’s Submarine Force – Are They the Sleeping Giant?”
(2) Our chapter’s 2018-2019 activities (with photos) are summarized here.
(3) A list of Guest Speakers (2015-2019), with links to bios and luncheon photos, has been added here.
(4) The delicious Sunday Brunches at the Oceanview are back! They are open to the public as well as you and your guests, by calling (619) 524-6287 for reservations. Available dates are: June 16 (Fathers Day), July 21, August 18, and September 15.
(5) More Submarine Socials are scheduled at the Oceanview every Friday afternoon (through September) and on Thursday, June 20. Click here for more details.