Swim Call, USS OLYMPIA (SSN 717)
NSL Pacific Southwest Chapter
The Naval Submarine League (NSL) is a professional organization for submariners and submarine advocates.
The Pacific Southwest (PACSW) Chapter is one of the ten regional NSL chapters. It has about 500 members, located in 9 states (Southern CA, Southern NV, AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, CO, and UT).
Luncheon meetings are held monthly at Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California.
New items since last update:
(1) The September newsletter is here, and includes a summary of summer activities by the chapter.
(2) Two seminars have been announced by NSL, should you be in the DC area on October 17th (“US Submarines in the Arctic”) and/or October 21st (a classified brief on Seabed Warfare).
(3) The new 2019-2020 NSL PACSW Events Calendar is now posted.
(4) Our chapter’s 2018-2019 activities (with photos) are summarized here.
(5) A list of Guest Speakers (2015-2019), with links to bios and luncheon photos, has been added here.
(6) The delicious monthly Sunday Brunches at the Oceanview are over, after a highly successful run this season. Check here for next year’s dates, starting in May 2020. They will be open to the public, as well as NSL members and your guests, by calling (619) 524-6287 for reservations.
(7) More Submarine Socials are scheduled at the Oceanview every Friday afternoon (through September). Click here for more details.